Wednesday, March 21, 2007

0/28

0/28 is the amount of tournaments I have cashed in the last 2.5 weeks. This is basically the reason why I haven't updated at all recently. I know it seems like I don't make a blog post unless I am doing well, which is mostly true, but there is a reason.

1. I can't stand hearing or reading bad beat stories, and I never want to tell one again, so I'm going to keep them out of my blog.

2. My new philosophy on poker is to always be positive. Almost every person I know that seems unlucky, always has the attitude and feeling like they get it worse then everyone else. For some reason, thinking that way, makes it happen. It's like when your on a bad run, you feel like you are destined to lose every hand, and it seems like you keep getting ridiculous bad beats over and over again. You continually believe they are going to happen, and they do. The opposite is true when you are running good. You believe you are going to win your races, hit your draw, and for some reason, you do.

So when things are going badly, I try no to focus on it, or let it bother me. The only reason I am posting this today, is because I think it's pretty funny that I haven't cashed in 28 tournaments in a row, and I want to make light of it. Am I letting it bother me, not at all. Aside from a couple small things, I feel as good about my game as ever, and I know it's only a matter of time before I take another tournament down, I just have to keep playing my best.

I think part of the reason that I haven't been doing as well is because I haven't been as focused as I should have. I just haven't been in the grove that I was in for February. I have been getting a little over aggressive in spots, and my reads have been a little off. It's not a big deal at all though, and for some reason I have a good feeling about tonight.

I'm going to be playing the $55 rebuy, $55 25k guaranteed, $11 rebuy, $300, and 22 rebuy. Hopefully I will get lucky and cash in one of them ;-). Seriously though, I might just take the 300 down tonight, we will have to see.

I'll be back.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home