Monday, February 12, 2007

A Win........Sort of

Played only 4 tournaments yesterday. 2 $50 mtt's, a $100 mtt, and the $215 Sunday million. In the Sunday million, I ran into a couple hands in really weird spots and I went out early. The only tourney I did well in was the $50 25k guaranteed. It started with around 1100 people, which made for a nice prize pool. I ended up getting heads up and chopping. I normally don't chop, but this guy gave me a siiiiick deal. He had me out chipped 2/1, when 1st was 13.4k, and second was 6.6k. He ended up giving me 9.4k, and he took 10.6k. Don't ask me how I got away with that deal, but I did. The tourney was nice because for the first time in a really long time, I actually ran really well at the final 2 tables. I only sucked out twice, both times I was committed after a raise. 1. A5 to A10, all in pree flop 5 on the river. Very next hand I raised with 35 short stack moved in with AQ. Flop 235, turn Q, river brick. At the final table I basically just stayed out of the way, stealing blinds at the right times, and I won 1 race with 77 against AQ. The action started getting really crazy, so I just stayed out of the way, and before I knew it we were heads up.

So tournaments have started to go in the right direction for me and I'm going to try and keep it up. I'll be back......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home