Friday, February 23, 2007

Decent Finish

Yesterday I finished second in an $11 one rebuy one add on. It was worth $2200 which was nice. I felt like I let another 2k slip away though, as the guy I was playing heads up was the worst player who made the final table. One hand it folded to him in the cut off, with the blinds at 3/6k, the sb had 300k, and I was in the bb with 1mil, and he pushes for over 700k with 10J. Like who does that. Obv this guy ends up taking it down.

Today didn't go so well, but I am still in some tourney's. I will post again if I do anything decent in them.

One thing I feel I should talk about is playing for the win in tournaments. I feel like 95% of people don't understand the importance of "playing for the win". Yesterday, when I made the ft, I didn't look at the prize money once. It didn't' matter to me, because I knew that only one place matters. First place is way more then any other finish, so why would you care about moving up in the money.

I will use my $22 rebuy that I am playing right now as an example. Let's say you make the final table and your 9th in chips. You want to move up in the money, so instead of taking chances you fold hands where you think it might be a coin flip ext. You move up to 7th place by pretty much blinding out of the tourney, and then being forced all in, next time you pick up a semi decent hand because you only have 10bbs. Even if you win this hand, you will soon be in the same possition again. Say you finish 7th, you will win $1300. You are happy because it's more then double 9th place money. If you had won, it would have been $9600. In other words you will have to 7th over 7 times in order to make as much money as 1 first place finish. Even if you finish 4th it's 2700, you will have to finish 4th 3.5 times in order to win 1st place money. I think it's pretty clear that you should always play for the win.

Anyway, I will be back....

p.s. turning stone next week, woooooohoooo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home