Friday, March 09, 2007

22 Rebuy

Since coming back from TS I have probably played about 10 tourney's. The one that was the most annoying was the $300 tourney on Wednesday. I built up a huge stack early on, and play an absolutely monster pot with 77 on a K72 rainbow board. The average stack was about 5k and this pot was about 28k. He had AK, and it came turn A river K. That would have put me in fantastic shape to go deep in that tourney.

Yesterday I played the $22 rebuy and finally had a good score in it. Before the tournament even started I said to Galen I think I'll win the 22 rebuy tonight. I really like this tourney, as the players are good, but I seem to fair well against them, and I always seem to go deep. Yesterday I made the ft and ran ridiculously good picking up AA three times, and winning big pots all three times. When we got to heads up things changed though.

This guy was a COMPLETE donk. I mean he would never fold, and when he bet it would be 5x the pot. I never seemed to pick up a hand when I needed it. I had a chance to end it on a Qh9h6d board when I had Kh4h. He somehow called off all his chips with 95 and held up in the race. After that it was down hill. I tried to grind it out but eventually I shoved with 55 and ran into his KK. It was really annoying to lose to this donkey heads up, but sometimes it's impossible I guess. I am still happy with the 5.4k score, and I'm going to keep at it.

I'll be back......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home