Thursday, July 20, 2006

Poker and Golf, I Love It!!

Well I was just in the middle of a solid heads up session when for some reason they are not registering anymore. I guess it's because they have a server restart on PS soon. Anyway I'm getting closer and closer to my goal. I am doing well, and I feel like my heads up game has really improved. It seems like for every time I get all in with the worst hand, my opponent does it 4 times. That feels good, especially because most of the time I play very aggressively (depending on the player), so this will call for a lot more action. I am up about 500 this week from heads up play, buying into some satellites, and mtt's. I also played a $3 rebuy satellite to Sunday's tourney that I unregistered for, and used the tourney $$ to play. I honestly don't think there is an easier satellite in the world then that one, as long as you get get your hands to hold up.

I also played a $60 live tourney, that nothing really materialized in. Within the first 15 minutes I picked up A10, A10 suited, A6 suited, AQ, AK, and AJ. What a card rack huh right? Well I didn't hit the flop, or win any of those hands. Hard not to bleed chips when that happens. I then had QQ and doubled up against Bill Sparks AK. Seems like I end up at his table every tournament I play which sucks because he's one of the best in the tourney for sure. But at the same time I guess it's a good thing because he's the only player that I can seem to win a race against, and basically do that once a tourney. Anyway a couple of hands later I found myself short stacked again, and once again doubled up, this time with KK. Then I got blinded away until I eventually pushed with JJ, and ran into AA. Not disappointed at all, couldn't really do much with what I was dealt today.

I decided today that I am going to go back to Toronto tomorrow for the ES Walker golf tourney, which is basically the club championship at my course in Toronto. This should be a funny read for my parents because I haven't told them that I'm going, and I know they read my blog, and they will probably read it before I tell them. So I'm coming home today Mom and Dad.

I played golf today with Krissy at stone bridge golf course, and I was hitting the ball really well. My buddy from Toronto called me out of the blue tonight and said I should come play in the tourney, so I took it as a sign. It's also good because Krissy wants to test drive some new cars, in St. Catharines, so we will do that on Monday, after the tourney is done.

So I probably won't play much poker over the next couple of days, and therefore won't post in the blog. So I guess I will get back to you on Tuesday........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home