Sunday, July 16, 2006

Close Enough

Well I told you yesterday that I would have a win soon. It wasn't a win but it's close enough. Today I played a another $60 live tourney finishing in 2nd for a profit of $260. It was disappointing finishing in 2nd, but it was still a good outing. I think I played well, not really making any major mistakes. The key hands that I played are as follows:

With the blinds at 10-20 UTG limps in, I make it 100 with AK in third position. Folds to UTG who raises to 550. I fold.

Very next hand UTG raises to 100. I look down at AA and make it 320. Button think for a while looks like he wants to raise, but just calls. At this point I'm thinking he has a big pair for sure either KK, QQ, JJ or possibly 1010. The flop comes AJ5 rainbow. So at this point I'm thinking either he has an under pair to the board, or he hit a set of jacks. There is about 740 in the pot. I think for a while trying to make it look like I hate the A. I bet 700, hoping that he comes over the top, thinking that I don't like the ace. Just as planed he does, I push for 160 more, he calls with KK and I double up about 5 hands in.

Chip leader raises UTG to 100 which he was doing every all the time with random hand, I call with 910 in position. Flop comes 962 rainbow, he checks, I bet 100, he thinks for ever and folds AJ face up.

We get to the final table, there wasn't really anything interesting in between, just a couple of steals, blah blah blah, I don't really remember the rest of the hands in between. Here is the hand that the winner of the tourney will be checking to see what I have. (please post what you had in the hand when you limped raised me and I folded AK) So I opened under the gun when we were 6 handed with blinds at 400-800 to 2200 with Ad9d, and 1 person called in middle position. Flop came AA7. I thought for a while, and I figured he was either drawing to 2 outs, or dead, and I was also 80% sure if I checked he would bet. So I checked, he bet 2500, and I pushed all in for about 3800 more. He thought for about a year and folded 88 face up. Good lay down buddy. I really wish he would have called here because I would have crippled the eventual winner.

Basically I got to heads up without really playing a hand. The hand I went out I raised with J7 on the button and he called out of the BB. Flop came 56K with 2 spades and he bet out 3/4 of the pot. At this point I was pretty sure that he didn't have much of a hand, as he would have check raised with a K. I decided to float, and try and take it away on the turn, I called. Turn came the 8s. This is where I made my mistake as he bet small here, I though I had J, 7, 9,4 as an out, but in reality I was drawing dead as he all ready made the flush, which I should have picked up on. What I was thinking is that he was betting with a 5 or 6 on the flop and following through on the turn. I called with what I thought was 14 outs with more then the right odds to call, river was a J, and he bet small. Right there I knew I was beat, but I had to call for like 8-1 odds. He showed the 10s3s, nice hand. I should have folded to the small bet on the turn, as if I though long enough, it would have become clear that he was betting with the flush draw on the flop, and got there on the turn. Anyway NH sir, and please post in the comments what you had on the limp raise, as I told you what I had on the AA7 flop.

So although it was a second place, it was still a good finish. I'm playing another live tourney tomorrow and I will post and let you know how it went. I'll be back.............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home