Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The run continues

I played tounney's all day yesterday for about 7 hours straight. I think I played in about 10 tournaments, not making the money in any of them. I played in $3 rebuy, $5 rebuy, $50 tourney, $11 touney, $20 tourney, and about 5 $20 180 person's. I think I played pretty well, but probably not my best. I find it really hard to stay at the top of my game when I just can't seem to do well in anything.

After once again having a horrible day losing about 300, Kristen said she would sponsor me in heads up tourney's for half the profit. Great deal for me so why not. I played a bunch and got back to even on the day after splitting the profits with Kristen. The way I do it is like my friend Skippy suggested, playing a $50 4 person, which are better for the rake, and a $50 2 person at the same time so that I don't loose $ on the hourly rate waiting for the other person to finish their match in the 4 person. I can handle the speed fine so this works well. I played a bunch today and ran horrible being down $150, but I will continue later tonight. I think this will be a good way to re build my role, as I have done well in heads up matches. So for the next while I think I'm going to play a lot of heads up matches, and some tourney's. Once I get my role back up, I will take another shot at the cash games. Here are just a few hands from the last couple of days:

http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/45774 - Good fold you had no odds to call

http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/45776 - This was my entire first heads up match in a $20 heads up mtt touney. I win a lot of heads up matches in 1 hand it's really weird

http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/45777 - This was my entire first heads up match in a $20 heads up mtt touney

http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/45778 - Nothing like picking a guy off for a bluff and calling with Q high and him having K high.

http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/45780 - These are the hands that you have to be willing to lay down if your going to win these heads up matches. I guess it's a pretty obv fold but I think there is a lot of players that would have called here, and I am 99% sure I don't have the best hand.

http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/45781 - Maybe this is why I can win in heads up.

http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/45782 - If you can find this guy sit down with him right away

I will be back with a report on my heads up matches either tonight or tomorrow......

2 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Bruno Meliambro said...

Maybe its just me, because im not a very good heads up player but isent there alot of variance in heads up? I mean, there are some hands that are just so hard to get away from but could be dominated. Maybe its just me, but if im trying to get out of a slump, I dont want to play headsup, especially online where getting a read off your opponent is pretty much impossible.

Maybe its because i'm a weak heads up player, but thats my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I hope it works out for you - god knows I know what running badly feels like.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger fishbones11 said...

Yeah I guess there is a lot of variance in heads up, but I have always done really well. I think it's one of the best part of my game, and it good because you don't really have to have a lot of patients, which is always hard when you are running bad. I suggest trying the $5 and $10 on stars just for fun if you running bad and see how it goes. The players are so weak, and it's good if you just feel like playing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home