Sunday, July 09, 2006

Back in Town (fluked all ready)

Kristen and I spent the last couple day's in Montreal with my parents, sister, and some relatives. It was nice to see everyone, especially my parents and sister. Didn't play one hand of poker for 2 days which is the first time in probably a year that that has happened. It was a good break.

Today I got back in town in time to see Italy win which was great. What a moron Zidane is. What was he thinking. After the soccer I went to a live $100 tourney which had about 22 people in it. The field seemed pretty donkey except for a few familiar faces. My table aside from one player, seemed like the table of dreams, but it didn't work out that way. After watching the first 4 hands where middle pair and bottom pair seemed to battle it out for huge pots, I played my first hand. I'm in the big blind and after 4 limpers the small blind goes all in for 1800!! The blinds are 10-20. I'm like wtf, and I look down at QQ. The only hand I was worried about was AK, but I was like 98% sure it was a middle pp, maybe JJ. I call everyone else folds, he shows 99. I hit a set but lose to his flush. Nice. I still had about 700 chips left. 2 hands later I have KQ in middle position, fold to me, and I make it 80 to go. I get 4 callers. The flop comes 9h10hJc. The small blind bets out 200 and I push for 420 more. He calls showing the Jh2h. I also had the K of hearts, but it didn't help as the river was the 6h. Nice. So I was the first one to bust out of the tourney which doesn't really bother me, because if I'm not going to make the money, at least make it fast. The only thing that made me mad was the field was super soft, and it seemed like a good chance to make some money. I came home and played heads up finishing +120, after 5 matches. Not bad. Only one hand saved:

http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/47298 - I knew it

For now I'm taking a break for about an hour but I will be back to play again tonight.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home