Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Bad Hockey, Good Poker

Well Edmonton lost, which makes me sick. The game was really good to watch. I would say it was one of the best games I have seen in a long time other then the outcome. Both teams played well, but the wrong team won, and it makes me sick.

Anyway on to poker. This time a 2 hour session with a profit of $96. Another good hourly rate. I could have made a lot more if I had got paid off on some more of my hands, but I can't complain. Played well, didn't really make any mistakes. Pretty simple poker. Just a few hands:

http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/40665 - Decided to play this hand a little differently. Usually if I raise pree flop and we see the flat 2 handed I bet the flop not matter what comes. That means I bet whether I flat top set, or have ace high. This time I decided to check. Just felt like playing it differently. Don't think it would have made much difference, but if I came out betting he raised then I re raised it, it makes it a lot easier for him to fold. I think this is still a clear fold for him on the turn, but what can I say some people can't fold top pair.

http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/40666 - Easy bluff. The only hand I'm worried about it AK, other then that he's folding. This is an example of raising a different amount pree flop that gives away your hand value. Every hand I raise I make it 2.50 pree flop. No matter what I have therefore you have no read on my hand. 2.50 is a big raise for this level but I like to see the flop 2 or 3 handed at most. There were 4 limpers in this hand and this guy basically said I have the best hand and I don't want to have this 5 handed to the flop and see an A come out because then I'm dead. This is a great situation for me. I have position, he is going to bet the flop no matter what, and I pretty much know exactly what he has. If the flop comes A high and he doesn't hit a set I'm going to take it down with a raise, and if the flop comes 9 high I'm going to win a big pot. Flop came A high he made a big bet I raised and he insta folded.

http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/40668 - Pretty much knew what he had. Figured I would just call the flop and not give him a chance to get away from it. Pretty basic.

I will be back tomorrow, getting closer to moving up stakes, only $400 more until .50/1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home