Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Intro

Ok, after be influenced by my girlfriend Kristen (krissyb24), I have decided to start a blog. I have to say that I feel like a looser since I'm the last person in the world to have one, but I'm going to do it anyway. I think it will help me focus more then anything which is good.

So I guess I should give a basic background of my poker "career" up until now. Basically I have been playing for a year, slowly building, loosing, building, loosing, a bankroll. I think I am starting to get a lot more mature with the way I handle my bankroll (not playing above me head), and with the way I play. Since this adjustment, it has been a steady increase in profits. I started playing poker in cash games, mostly 1/2 which is crazy seeing as I had no money at all. I was in way over my head and went broke Multiple times. Then I got into tournament poker on line, and I have done well there, that is so far where I have made most of my money in poker. On poker stars I have made around 24k in tournaments, most of which is in the last 6 months, where I think my game has really developed due playing a lot. Also about a year ago my girlfriend and me placed 8th in the Sunday stars tourney for 13k on another account. We just looked at the hand history from this tourney the other day and had a good laugh at our play. It was clear that we really had no idea what we were doing, and make multiple mistakes throughout the tournament. The funny thing is we never would have made it to the final table if we hadn't played so badly.

Anyway after playing tournaments exclusively for the last 6 months I am now trying to get into cash games more, after getting to know a lot of people who built a good roll from doing this. It's funny to me that I think I am 10x the player then months ago, however the stakes that I'm playing are way way lower then I have ever played. Right now I am 8 tabling 25c/50c on stars (which isn't as bad as it seems, I can make more money doing this then playing a live 1/2 game)until I get the bankroll that I think is good enough to move up to 50c/1. I will hopefully continually move up. I am also still playing tourneys on the side. I finally won one of those god damn 180 persons on stars 2 days ago, which I have final tabled 7 times in the last 2 weeks. I am also currently in a $30 tourney 14th out of 231.

So anyway I will be posting after every session that I have hopefully with some good info on hands, that will not be as boring as this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home