Monday, June 19, 2006

Good Start to the Week

I took 2 days off as my parents and sister came to visit me in Ottawa. It was good to see them, and we had fun seeing the Oilers smoke the the Hurricanes. Got I hate the Canes. Hopefully Edmonton can win the series tonight, it should be a good game. On Sunday Kristen and I took my Dad out of play at Eagle Creek for fathers day, which is a really nice Golf course in Ottawa. I really enjoyed the round and we all played well. My dad shot an 80 I shot 77 and Kristen shot 105. It's a pretty tough course so we were happy with out scores. Kristen is a natural for sure, as she has only played about 4 full rounds of golf, and when she gets in the groove she can really hit the ball, and she is one hell of a chipper.

Today I started my week with a 3 hour session at 25c/50c. It went well as I finished up $153, with Kristen playing for a while and winning me $80. At the same time I played a heads up for Kristen and lost. I didn't really save many hands from the session, but I think I played well, except for a phew hands. I hit some draws, got paid off on some big hands also. I also got rivered on a couple of big pots, but all in all it was a solid session.

Here are 2 hands:

http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/40595 - This was a funny hand. Before the flop, I said to Kristen I'm going to win a big pot on this hand with a set I feel it. Then without seeing my hand she asked if I had 66, because she just won a huge hand with a set of 6's. So at this point I was like wtf, this must be a sign. I was about to fold on the flop and Krissy says you know it's coming on the turn right? So I said all right and called, and what do you know the 6 comes on the turn. It's too bad the guy pushed the other guy off the flush draw because I would have won a huge pot if he didn't. Still pretty sweet, and really weird at the same time.

http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/40596 - What can I say about this hand. It was really weird for him to get all his chips in with his hand. I made it pretty clear that I had his hand beat, but there is a lot of these types of player at this level, that would never think about folding top pair. When he came out betting on the flop I didn't really think much of it, kind of standard for me to raise, then when he came back over the top it seemed like he might have AA, as some people like to limp when folded to them in the small blind with AA. It didn't feel like Q9 or AQ to me, and I was pretty sure he would raise 1010 and JJ. KK is possible but very unlikely. Anyway I though for a while and I really though I was ahead of a lot of hands; K10, J10, draw, AK, AA, Kx, so I decided that pushing was the smartest play, as I was pretty sure he was calling. He did, the turn was nice, didn't like the river at all. If he had AA or AK he caught up, but he didn't, ship it, nice call donkey.

Anyway I will be back later today after the Oilers win the cup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home