Friday, June 16, 2006

A little confused

It's kind of hard to remember exactly what went on tonight. First of all I was really tired, and second of all half way through my cash game session, my girlfriend took over, and I played a $100 4 person heads up match, while she played my cash games for me. I guess it was the perfect time, because as she covered her losses, she flopped top 2 against a set twice. This was bad for her but I won the 4 person heads up, so she came up on the session after giving me $100 from the profit. I am running really well heads up right now which I'm not sure if it's cause I'm getting lucky, or because I have a good talent for heads up. Even the other day I won 4 other matches for krissy heads up, and also finished 2nd in a $100 heads up tourney. Not too bad.

I was actually really happy with the way I played the heads up today. Against the first guy I had him all in 5 times, finally winning the last one to knock him out. Against the second guy, I was between 900-1100 chips for ever, and finally fought back to even, just to go back down to 1500 again. Eventually I fought back and when the blinds were high I pressed a lot, eventually getting him to push with QJ, and my AK held to take it down. The reason I was so happy was because I got no cards for the longest time but I stayed patient and fought back which is something that haven't done in the past.

As for the cash games I was up about $40 in the 2 hours that I played which was not bad. I was actually starting to run really well buy the end, but I was soooo tired that I figured it was best to quit while I was ahead, also something I never used to do. I think I played well, not really making any major mistakes. Oh yeah and I also played a $20 tourney and a $20 180 person. Both busting out long before the money.

Here are some hands from the night:

http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/39607 - I was pretty sure that he missed the clubs, and after thinking for a while I was almost positive. Definitely right more then half the time

http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/39609 - As you can see it's really hard to get chips in these $20 tourney's. God why can't the players be like this in the $100 and $150 tourney's.

http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/39611 - Was pretty sure that we had the same hand, so I tried to push him off when the board paired. It worked as he later told me that he flopped a straight.

http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/39612 - Well if I were him I would have folded on the flop, turn, and river. Well played donkey.

http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/39614 - Not sure how I knew but I did. There is really no explanation of how I knew, I just had that instinct. Lately my instincts have been a lot better, and I'm not sure if it's because I have been playing a lot more cash games, which requires a lot of play after the flop, but something is improving them, and it's been saving me a lot of money.

So I ended up +140 on the 3h session which is good. Hopefully soon I will be playing .50/1. Anyway off to bed, more to come tomorrow.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home