Thursday, June 15, 2006

Disappointing Results

Well I ended up finishing 16th in the $30 tourney that I was doing well in. It started with 350 people, but with the way I was running early on I should have done better. Messed up a hand really bad trying to bluff someone with aces. Nice read fishbones. Fought back well, and just never got any action on big pairs late. I stole a lot of blinds to keep me in, and I think I picked my spots really well. It can get really frustrating when you pick up kk 3 times get no action, then after folding your bb every time to someone in late position you finally get AA in the bb, and you get a walk. This entire time I really needed a double up. Anyway, I think I played well except for the one stupid hand. Won about $220 for 16th which is ok.

I also played in 2 180 person's. Finished 28th and 55th. In the one I finished 28th in I had AQ in the big blind with a little below avg. and 2nd to act pushes with a good stack. I usually never call this, but he was a donk so I snap call, and he has 7s8s, flops 782 and I'm out. It was nice of him to try and give me a good chunk of his chips though, and I thanked him in a polite way. It is frustrating at the time, but after I feel much better then going out when I make a bad play. I can't remember how I went out of the other 180 person, but I'm sure it was gay.

I also played in a $100 mtt busting out early when my JJ lost to AQ all in pree.

I only saved one hand from the tourney's and it just shows not to raise my bb with that crap, and if you are, don't min raise or I'll bust you. This put me in 5th with 100 people left:

http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/39438

I will have a cash game session later, so more to come.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home