Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A small win, but very disappointing

Over the last couple of days I have been playing a lot of mtt's and continuing to play my $50 heads up matches. I placed in something 2 days ago for like 500 but I can't remember what it was. Yesterday I placed 3rd in a small $100 live tourney for $300. Today I busted out right before the money in a $22 rebuy (which is like 70th place), and then I went really deep in a $150 tourney. I ended up placing 17th out of like 600 entrants for $1038 which is VERY disappointing when 1st place is 32k. I lost a race with 22 against AJ, when he raised from the cut off and I pushed in the bb. For sure the right play, as there is a ton of hands that he is going to fold there, and I am improving my stack a big %. But the A fell on the river which really really made me mad. Not because I lost the race, just because I was so close to a lot of money, just to win 1000. That pot would have put me in 5th with 18 people left, and in a good spot to try and take it down. Oh well. Hopefully next time. I cashed out money tonight for turning stone. I am really looking forward to playing in some of these tournaments. I am really going to try and play at the top of my game. Hopefully the cards will fall my way a little more for me this time. Anyway, I will probably be back in the next couple of days......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home