Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Good Day

Mtt's are the way to go for me. Today I played a couple of heads up's, and some multi's. I played 2 180 person's and didn't place, and then I played a heads up multi table. I finished just in the money for a small profit, and then tonight I played 2 more mtt's. A $10, and a $100. In the $10 I finished well into the money but the profit wasn't that big. Something like $70. In the $100 I finished 5th for around $1500. That was a good profit, but still, it's always disappointing when you bust out. It was around 6k to win, so it's a big difference. But still I am happy. I think I'm starting to play a lot better in Mtt's. I am trying to size up my table a lot better now, and really try and take advantage of when players are playing tight. It's by far the best way to build your chips, without really ever risking anything, when you can steal blinds twice a round, and steadily increase your stack. At the final table I think I played well, except for the last hand, when I made a bad call in the battle of the blinds where I called an all in with A6, after the small blind pushed with 1010. I really felt like I had the best hand, but my instincts were wrong, and it pissed me off. What sucks is that I had the same player all in with 99 against his J8, and he ended up making quads. Like I said when you make the final table you really need to run well, and it didn't happen for me. I think I played really well throughout the tourney and it felt good to make some decent cash. So the plan for now is, touney's, tourney's, tourney's. I have a good bank role so that I can comfortably play all the big mtt's on stars, and hopefully I can continue to run well in the following weeks. I'll be back........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home