Friday, April 23, 2010

More Disappointments

Well it's been more deep runs and even more frustrations. I feel like I can't get any closer to a good score every single day.

Today I finished 28th in the 12k guaranteed and 15th in the 3r. The 3r was 10k to win and starting with 7,000 players. I can't understand how I can constantly make the final 100 of these fields with 3k+ players without final tabling them any of them. The level of play in these things is literally a joke. Imagine the level of play in a 1/2 live cash game, and now divide that skill level by 5. These are the players that I am having trouble beating as soon as I make the final 50 of a tournament, which btw is what I would consider the strong point of my game.

One hand today that drove me crazy was with about 17 left in the 3r. I raised utg to 115k at 25k/50k with a 2.5 mill stack with AK and the bb called with 1.2 mill. Flop was 45J, the bb checked I bet 160k and he make it 320k. I had a note on him from earlier in the tournament that his min raises pree flop were weak, so I guessed that post flop would probably be similar. By re raising I would be committed to his shove, but I thought raising to 575k looked strongest instead of shoving so that's what I did. Obviously he ships in with 33 and holds after I'm forced to call. It's funny because I would have played a ton of hands the exact same way that all have him drawing almost dead but of course his play works out because he deserved it. 5 mins after that I busted with 1010 to 99 aip for 2.5 mill.

I'm still around -$200 since starting the challenge so it's no big deal, but obviously beyond tilting.

The one positive I can take from this is that I seem to be going deeper and deeper everyday, and Pokerstars always seems to do that do you directly before a good run, so hopefully that is around the corner.

Hopefully my next blog will be well on the way to the 25k goal....

1 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep plugging away !

you have at least one follower!

Are you going to play any FTOPS events?

Chuck1111/ifoldallday

 

Post a Comment

<< Home